Saturday, March 17, 2007

Team Ultralink's Mutha of a Camp!!


Yea!! I am sitting in the Grenville's, S.C. airport it's 5:40am...finally I am back in civilization. I have been enjoying a week of awesome riding, getting to know my new teammates, having multiple pot lucks, laughing as much as possible, and all in all gearing up for what looks to be a great season!

I must start by thanking Ultralink (specifically Alan and Lily) for all their support, that is enabling all of us to continue our love of cycling! And, of course, Cervelo for these awesome machine's (Carbon Soloist), I am in love!! If you haven't tried a Cervelo, you REALLY don't know what you are missing!! And it brings me one step closer to my idol, Jens Voight (I hope I spelled my idols name right...huge fan I am)...cause that's what HE rides!! I've decided I'm now going to be called, 'Jenssica'...let's see if I can fit that on my drivers license!!

So who are these famed Ultra Link riders you may ask? Well...
The girls are as follow:
Genevieve Gagnon 'GeGe’ (from Quebec city, French is her primary language, has a sweet hair cut and color, solid National Canadian team rider), Denise Ramson ‘Junior’ (from Kingston Canada, she’s been a speed skater for 13years, and she’s 16), Julia Farrell ‘Mutha’ (the Manager, the one who put this all together for us, a high school Physics teacher, in Toronto, experienced all around rider), Jen Stevenson ‘Serious’ is a Civil Engineer from Ottawa Canada, rode w/ Biovail last year, and tends to be serious on the bike, but great girl(she brought her husband Erin, who put my Power Tap back together for me, and all around nice guy), Shontell Gauthier ‘Texas’ a Louisiana girl, who now lives in Austin, a rockin’ sprinter and hard core Enduro Mtn biker background, and Me. That’s the 2007 Team Ultra Link roster, remember those names!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shontell's real nickname is Lucy van Pelt!!!!!!!!!

-CB