Friday, November 02, 2007

November Fundraising update

17917 80th Ave NE, #B-5
Kenmore, WA 98028
November 1, 2007

Dear Friends,
I wanted to send everyone an update to my fundraising efforts. I have been so overwhelmed by everyone's generosity! Thank you to everyone for your donations. I have raised $2955 thus far! I am so grateful for everyone's support.
With these funds I have purchased my ticket to Sydney and Beijing ($2500), and covered my expenses accrued at Nationals (ticket for coach $406, rental car $200, hotel $140, bike fee $160, my ticket $275). It's amazing how fast the money is spent. Today is the beginning of a new month, I hope to reach my goal of $3000* again this month.

I'm so excited to share with you all that I recently signed Proman, a Professional UCI Track Team. They have given me the opportunity to attend all four World Cup races (Sydney Australia, Nov 30-Dec2, Beijing, China, Dec 7-9, LA, US, Jan 18-20, Copenhagen, Denmark, Feb 15-17). Isn't that awesome!
So, what have I been doing? How's training going? Well, here's what I'm doing this week:
Monday: AM trainer wkt. Flew back from Flagstaff after visiting my sister
Tues: Worked, Lifted at the Y, and went to Yoga, rode the rollers
Wed: Drove up to Burnaby, B.C. (3-4hr drive) to train from 1-4pm (did 3x 10 min behind the electric bike, then 3-4x take a lap) with my coach Jeremy Storie, and several other riders. I will stay in Fort Langely, B.C. at my coaches' house until Sat.
Thurs: AM track session (6 laps on 6 laps off, x6, x3), afternoon lift at gym, PM rollers
Fri: 1-4 track session (working on pacing), 7-9pm Friday Night Racing at Burnaby.
Sat: 3hr Road ride, PM track session working on skills (riding a line, how slow can you go, being comfortable riding close to people, etc). Drive back to Seattle
Sunday: 2 hr road ride, lift at Y. Work 1/2 day.

That's my life in a nutshell. Sydney is only four weeks away! Thank you all for the means to get there! This is my dream, without your help, it would not be possible!

Kele Murdin



Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!

No comments: