Friday, October 19, 2007

Training Camp in Burnaby!

So, I chucked when I saw "Training Camp"on my training plan.....because I knew I was the sole participant of said camp. I'm not laughing any more. It's only been 2 days, and lot's of great work.



Have I mentioned what an awesome coach Jeremy Storie is? Good, cause he is! He's put together a great training group that meets Wed and Fri, then there is racing every Fri night. There is also a weekend race Nov 8th (I think, whatever the second week of Nov is). So, lots of great training!!


Here's Claire between sets...
Iona has joined us, she is a new transplant to Seattle. YEAH, I'm so excited, more strong women in the area. And she's awesome to boot!
Have you ever been to the Burnaby, B.C. track? It's the ONLY indoor velodrome, other than LA, for 3000 miles (which would be Forest City Velodrome in London, Ontario, a 138m wooden indoor track).
The Burnaby Velodrome, located inside the Harry Jerome sports center, in Burnaby, BC. It’s a 200m wooden track, with 47-degree banking, it’s a blast. It’s inside a bubble, one of those pressurized inflatable domes. It’s what allows us to train all through the dismal winters that we have in this area.



There is the crazy ass electric Beach Cruiser that is ‘the motor’ here at Burnaby. Which has an AWESOME front fairing to keep the bugs out Jeremy’s eye’s at the indoor velodrome. And don’t forget your full on thermal tights, double layer jersey’s cause it’s sub-arctic temperatures inside the velodrome, but I have no idea what the ACTUAL temperature cause it’s in CELSIUS! And, damn those Kilometers, I always think I’m going so fast because the numbers are bigger, until I do the math! Now, I’m just in denial, cause I’ve just switched over my computer to Kilometers.

That's what's going on in my life for now.

No comments: