Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bits of Ballerup!

The Ballerup Super Arena...the track is super fast, and the infield is like a running track...it's this soft foam like surface that just sucks up your speed. So, transitioning from the track surface to the infield is a dramatic difference...I have to watch myself MORE than normal.

See those white lines, that's the transition I was referring to. You can see the podium as well, and the cages we all cram into for warm-up before races. It's quite cozy!
The is the front of the track...and the USA cage is the first on on the right.
Viola, the SUPER Arena!
Oh my, the Zleep hotel. Maybe they ment to call it...Bleek hotel. For the price of a room (average $130/night), you get NO ammenties...no clothset, no fridge, no coffee maker OR kettle, no phone, internet is $15/day, breakfast is $10 and its bread, bread, and bread w/ a splash of bread (or individually wrapped cold cuts)....and unfortunatley there is no restaurant in the hotel, so no food at all after 11am. And the closest place is quite expensive italian place and McDonalds. But don't worry I found a grocery store and am making due (althogh the milk curdled today, I guess that's why is put in the fridge).

This is my humble abode! I'm very happy in this little nest. I demonstrated this by sleeping 16+ hrs the first TWO night. Yikes! Not so good for adjusting to the time zone. And, yes I payed for is last night.. I woke up at 4:30am...

I thought this was quite funny! Not a drive thru, a McDrive! He heee

No comments: