Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mom this is Sweden, Sweden this is Mom

The 'City Hall' of Copenhagen.
Danishes in Denmark...yummy!
Nyhavn!
Kosta Borda glassblowing factory! 1742, man that was a while ago!
In the factory you were able to get right up next to the glassblowers to watch them work! It was amazing!
A Rune stone, and Poppy (not quite as old)
The Moose farm!
The 'School Museum' of Almhult (I couldn't resist passing secrets)
Mike in the Dunce hat in the corner!
At InvaCare (a wheelchair manufacturer in Sweden, where Gunnel works). I use these wheelchairs in my work. It was quite interesting to see the difference in quality between European and American standards.
At Invacare in Sweden, like most employers, they are required to have a place the workers can sleep. In case they are sick, or need to sleep. Hmm, can't say I can remember seeing that in the states.
Me and Poppy! Poppy is enjoying her choke hold here!
A nice old pink church in Pee-ah-tr-id. This is near where Mike's family grew up!
A graveyard with many of Mike's ancestors graves. I learned that there were several sets of twins in the family. And several people immigrated to America.
I know, I know, I know....
A Danish hot dog. All we could find to eat after my racing!
Dinner at Kristina's in Copenhagen!
Vala and Mike.
Mike and parrot at Kristina's




No comments: