Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Controversial Athens

so, I crashed. This is my left side. My left arm looks about the same. That's part of the deal, unfortunately.

Luckily, I was able to get back into the race. And that's where the controversy starts. I was put back into the break...but it was a different break than the one I crashed out of. Several girls, understandably, were less than thrilled to have me and 2 others join.

I chose to sit on, not contest anything, and ride it in. I was waiting for an official to come tell me to drop back....as that is the officials job, officiate! He never did, thus I decided to stay.

Up unto that point, I felt good, raced too hard...chasing everything, being over anxious, attacking ignorantly...so I'll take that lesson into tonight's race.

Jen Wilson was third in Athens, a great result for her and the team. Jenny Trew was at the front of the main pack. Melissa and Liz rolled in with the bunch. A good overall night for the team. A great way to start off the racing week!

I'm riding for Vanderkitten this week. If you're not familiar with their kits, go check out the photos from Athens....we are pretty much in every one. It's a black and white kit.

Tonight is Beaufort. Beautiful place, great southern hospitality, great food...can't wait to race!

3 comments:

grepgirl said...

Ouch! I know you'll be back out there kicking ass. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

a kitten should always land on their feet.......

happiness principle said...

Oh my God woman, that may be part of the game that you play, but I don't see shit like that very often! Yikes, I wish you healthy healing. You are the most bad ass girl I know.

Nat