Thursday, November 17, 2005

Saying 'Goodbye' to Bertil, in Almhult

I'm writing from Almhult, Sweden (my husbands hometown). Unfortunately, we are here to attend his Grandfather Bertil Johansson's funeral.

On the bright side, we get to come to Sweden. This is my fourth time here to Almhult. Every other time we have come over Christmas vacation, so it's fun to see grass for once.

Of course, I've taken a few shots to document our traveling...so let's get to it.

First we have a photo of Mike looking extra handsome in the Copenhagen airport, as he decided which train to catch to get us to Almhult fast!



The houses here are pretty small (this area of sweden is Small-Land)

Just kidding, this is the play house for the children his grandfather built!


So, today we went running...better said, would be JOGGING...but it was nice to see the country side. Then we went to the house Mike's grandfather built from scratch...I got lessons on where things came from, how the house had changed over the years....it's fun being a part of a new family with it's own history...it's all new to me...and they are such great people, I'm so glad we came.

Then, the highlight of the day, we went into town to shop. And, as Chrissy will be sad to hear she missed, I got to spend hours in 2 kitchen stores...one of my favorite passtimes. (Once I dragged Chrissy into a kitchen store, but after about 20min she chose to wait outside for me...and funny has NEVER gone w/ me again...she just doesn't get the EXCITEMENT of kitchen utensils...especially UNIQUE ones!!). I returned home after 3hrs of shopping w/ this super cool bottle opener (for SODA, of course), hooks to hang utensils on, orange coasters, rock sea salt (for my salt grinder...yea Kat, I'm SOO Euro), and some stainless scoops for the sugar/salt that look like mini shovels...

Ok, so I'm pissed about the pictures...and will do my best to rectify the situation!!!

Hej Da (Swedish for goodbye)

No comments: