Friday, May 19, 2006

Joe Martin...oh yea!

First we had a RR...and all I remember is long climb...worked hard, thank god I have someone to ride w/....and we caught more and more ppl, ending w/ a group of ~40, behind the front group of ~25 by ~8min...which pretty much ended any hopes of GC riding...that's nothing new! Hiroko made the front group...great riding, by a great girl!

Then there was a second RR, w/ a much shorter climb (and Thanks to Laura Van Gilder for giving me the daily run down of the courses...w/o the valuable bits of info on this course I wouldn't have made the front group over the climb). It split the second time up the climb....but came back together ~20mi to the finish...about the same time I literally rolled off the front of the group...and they let me go...by a long shot...so then I HAD to take advantage...I managed to stay off for about 10mi....but Colavita smelled the finish line, and the chase ensewed (sp?)...and I was swallowed up ~4mi from the finish (it's funny, last year Candice got off on the last lap, and I chased her alone...and got caught 10mi to finish...someday I'll make it to the finish). This stage ended in a bunch sprint...but on the left where I was our lead motorcycle decided to STOP as the pack is sprinting around him...then he realized he was in the pack, and guns it to move, very narrowly missing a rider, and completely ending any hopes of a sprint for me....oh well, I was happy w/ my ride! It was a solid effort, but I can't hold off such strong, organized teams...but I won't quit tryin'.

Later that day was the TT! How I love those uphill TTs (NOT). I must admit, I was not mentally into this ride. I had Katherine Bates chasing me...and passing me....Alisha rode an awesome ride, as well as her teammate Erin Willock who won w/ a 9:40ish ride...and me? well, I was close w/ a 12:07...YEA, need to work on that...Hiroko and Jen rode strong (honestly cannot remember their finish...but you can bet they were ahead of ME)

Here's the Crit....oh my gosh, it was fast and furious....a split happened like lap 5...and as you can see from this picture where I was on that split!

I want to send my condolences to Kristin Lassaso (sp?), she crashed hard on a pothole right where this photo was taken, of course the fastest part of the course. I heard she fx her collerbone...I send her my best wishes for a speedy recovery...she's a super strong rider...and great girl...I hope to see her back soon!!


Again, Webcore and Alisha rode awesome...Alisha and Kori Sehafer (ahhh, this is why I never put names up)...got off the front and made up time launching Alisha into 2nd on GC! I am so excited for her!

So, that was that...good strong fields, good racing...we'll do it again soon!



No comments: