Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Silver City here I come!

Well, we arrived Monday afternoon...flew in from Atlanta...got settled w/ my friend Beth (remember the one peeing behind the car...), her hubby Keck, and friend Trey (all from Wichita). Beth and I went for a ride that turned into a comedy off calamities for me on my bike..
First, as I was headed down the 20% pitch of driveway, my bars rolled and I nearly stuck my noes in my headset...whoops, forgot to tighten my bars...then get riding w/ Beth on a bumpy road..and hear this horrible clatter coming from my rear wheel...I checked and hey what do ya know my cassette is loose, sweet...but not big enough deal to turn around...were chatting and I’m trying to pretend I CAN breath (we’re at about 6200ft here)...when I realize my knees are hitting my chest...wait a minute, that’s not right, I look down and the black tape that marks my seat height is no longer there but now crumpled into a ball...my seatpost has dropped like 3 inches...so luckily Beth has an allen key and I tighten away but it got no tighter..and I realize the bolts are stripped SWEET now I get to stand the rest of the ride!
So, we ride home...and as I dismount and pick my bike up to put in the garage my front wheel falls off...hmm, I wonder how long that was loose!
Hopefully that was all of my mechanicals wrapped up into one ride!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a bunch of EMurdincys