Thursday, July 26, 2007

the big TUNA!

Toona a seven day extravaganza of the hardest courses all year:

Stage I: TTT it was 17k, highway, rolling terrain, two u-turns
So fun, and different. We were the smallest team, w/ the biggest heart. Two of our girls had zero TT equipment, no one had disc’s, and only 1 had TT helmets. But we gave it 100%. Here’s what happened:
Webcore: 24.29
TEAm Lipton: 24.37
Colavita/ Sutter Home: 25.04
Aaron’s: 25.45
Team Expresscopy: 25.46
Cherrwine: 26.03
Bike Hugger: 26.12
Advil: 26.17
Team TIBCO: 26.19
and more

Stage II: new stage 48.6m, one HANEOUS climb no one expected at 10mi in.
Field split into groups (the front group of 45, our group of 35, 15min back).
Allison Powers WON!! Yea Allison such a great girl. Allison Testarosa 2nd Express Copy, 3rd Kori Seahafer.
I climbed so hard I peed my pants, and still lost 15min.

Stage III: 97mi big climb came at mi 70.
There was a break of like 12 off for most the early race. Riders from all major teams were represented. Not much chasing, everyone waiting for ‘the climb’. Again, the climbers surged away from me fairly quickly. At the top I found myself w/ Shontell chasing to get onto a group, with which we finished. Kori Seahaefer won, Felica Gomez got second, Chrissy got 6th, and that’s all I know for now.
It was such a hard day, OMG! Not so much the first 70, but man those 70mi really haunt you for the next 27. My legs were cramping on both sides (hamstrings and quads) on the last stretch into town. I can see why it’s important to climb in training, to give those muscle groups a chance! But, we lost like 10 min today, less than some, more than many! But again, that’s all I had today, and that’s all I can ask!

Stage IV: 60mi, 4 loops, Holidaysburg

1 comment:

How do i get to my old stuff said...

"that’s all I had today, and that’s all I can ask"

Hang in there!