Saturday, July 28, 2007

Martinsburg

This stage was 19.6mi loops and we got to do 4. This course had NO QOMs, hallehulah!! But Sprints each lap at the S/F. It was a rolling course w/ no significant hills....so you know what that means....FAST!

And it was...I tried to get in a few early moves....then tried to go w/ THE move that stuck...and just didn't quite make it....man that burns to be so close!

After the break of like 10 went (w/ riders from all teams represented), we pretty much just rolled it in.

Lauren Faranges (sorry, I know that is WAY wrong), won! Catherine Cheatly (Cheerwine) 2nd...

Our group decided to sprint for 13th in the rain and therefore in overcooking the 2nd to last corner Brooke Miller went down directly in front of me, and instead of looking where I wanted to go...I just stared at her head I was so worried I was about to hit....but I didn't instead hit a telephone pole and someone ran in to me.....Physically I was perfectly fine, but my bike didn't like it....Since it was in the last 1K we all get the same time....Jen and Shontell finished safely in our group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and how fast were you going when you hit that pole??? love mom