Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sponsorship Proposal



October, 7 2007

Dear Friends,

One of the expected joys of being a professional cyclist is meeting many generous people around the country who are making a contribution to American women’s cycling through host housing. Having their homes opened to me makes it clear that women’s cycling does have support in this country at the grassroots level.

My professional cycling career began with Team Basis in 2003, which became Ford-Basis in 2005. In 2006 I moved to Velo Bella-Kona, and in 2007 I was proud to be riding for Team UltraLink. In early 2007, I qualified to represent the National Track Team in the Points, and Scratch races. I am currently training to prepare for Nationals, and another opportunity to join the National Track Team for the World Cup Track season of 2008.
Attending the USA Cycling Track Camp in January 2006, I had the opportunity for the first time to dedicate myself wholly to cycling for a period of time. This focused training allowed me to really tap into my potential. My performance improved by leaps and bounds. This focused training allowed me to reach a skill level that qualified me to travel with the National team to the Track International World Cup competition in Manchester, UK. Due to my quick progression in track racing, I feel I have good potential for continued improvement, opening the door for a higher level of success.

I am deeply passionate about bicycle racing – I love this sport – and I aspire to reach the following racing goals this season; 1) attend two World Cup Track races, 2) participate in International track races in Australia in December, 3) qualify for the Worlds team to represent the US at World Championships, and ultimately, 4) to be a part of the 2008 Olympic Track Team.

Full-time training is what it takes to become a world-class athlete. I have come to the realization that in order to reach my goals I need to spend less time working as a Physical Therapist and more time training. To cover my expenses I need other sources of funding. I am inviting you to take part in the development of an eager, dedicated, and talented female athlete. By supporting me, you can take part in world level and Olympic competition.
In exchange for your financial support, I will not only pledge my full dedication, complete focus, and highest performance, but I will also offer the following benefits:

Bi-monthly progress report: I will keep you informed about my training and competitions, and results. I will also keep you apprised of any changes in my rankings and of my efforts to become the best cyclist I can be. Your name will also be displayed on my personal web page to demonstrate the support you have given me.

Free consultations: I also run a coaching business. For Gold sponsors, I am offering the initial setup of a three-month training plan. You can be a strong participant in this sport too, and hopefully fall in love with it as I have!
As we approach an Olympic year, I am in a position, with adequate training, to qualify for the Olympics. I have experienced my highest level of success both on the track and on the road this year. With your support, I will be able to sustain the training I need to---’Go for the Gold’.
Please consider this proposal as your opportunity to help me reach for my dreams.
The Sponsorship packages are:
Gold $500 and up
Silver $250 - $499
Bronze $100 - $249
Friend $25 - $99
Thank you for whatever support you are able to provide. If you are interested please email me at Kelekelebobelly@comcast.net.

Sincerely,
Kele Murdin
Professional Road Cyclist National Track Team Member 2007

No comments: