Sunday, August 13, 2006

Day off on Friday means Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak!


So, Friday I had no races...I chose not to do the sprints. So, my Mom and brother Sam drove down from Wichita Kansas to watch my races Sat...so we took Friday to see the sight in beautiful Colo. Springs.

This is a Granite conglomerate....yea, I'm wicked smat (Boston Accent)...in the 'Garden'...well these Gods must not like colorful gardens, or they don't eat much cause this garden just has a bunch of huge rocks in it...hmmm, not the kind of garden I know....wierdos

"Dude, Sam, I"m SOO high right now...huhuhuhuhu", "I know Jess, I've NEVER been this high Man".....

It's alright everyone, EVERYBODY'S HIGH, we're on top of Pike's Peak!!!!!

Even MOM'S high....heeheehee

'Under the influence', Sam and I think we can conquer the world!

Absolutely BREATH-TAKING, literally....at over 14,000 feet we were dizzy and giddy. Mom struggled w/ the camera and cracked us all up...we nearly passed out!


To enter the park you pay the small fee of $30 to drive your own car up the part paved, part dirt road...and they give you a brochure w/ helpful tips about safety on your trip up this world know motion. One tip was that if you leave your car, always put a note on it on where you went and when you'll be back, in case something happens....So we did...

"Went to the Gift Shop, back in five minutes"

I wonder why no one else is following the rules. Maybe the meant in areas a little more desolate?? Well, we cracked ourselves up for quite a while on that one....damn I'm funny!

Man after all that sitting in the car, I had really worked up an appetite...mmmmmm dinner!

Thanks so much to Mom and Sam for taking the time (2x 8hr drive from Wichita, for a 15min Scratch race) to come watch me race. Having the love and support of my family gives me more strength than a million workouts (just don't tell Ryan!). I love you both, and am delighted to be able to share this new part of my life w/ you both...now you'll get my 'track lingo'...

No comments: