Thursday, August 10, 2006

More from FSA...all about ME! (thanks to Wheels in Focus!)


So here's the classic open mouth, given' her all I've got look during my 3K effort...Annette got me by a little over a second...I rode a 4:05.6. If I want to make the time standard in October (3:49), I've got a LONG way to go...good thing I LOVE it!!


3K Pursuit Podium at 2006 FSA Grand Prix (Women, to be exact)

Man, I look like I'm gonna kill somebody...too bad my time was awful...next approach? Don't fight the bike, maybe??

Oh ho ho, Like that huh Jenny (as in Spankin' fast REED)??! Notice, she DOESN'T look like she's gonna kill somebody...but the killed all of us in this 200m TT...She's an awesome girl, and phenom racer!! What a treat to get smoked by her all weekend...Humble pie anyone??

Next lesson, Keirin (hmm spelling?). First heat, I got/held motor, then attacked as soon as it pulled off...and managed to squeeze out 2nd to move on to the Finals. But that one, not so successful...Annette asked and I gave up the motor...then going into last lap Jenny Reed came UNDER me on the red line (totally legal, just never happened to me before), I had Heather on my opposite shoulder (so I yell, "Holy Cow") and loose like 5 positions as the race unfolds ahead of me...Lesson? ALWAYS move forward when you feel fear....the rider moving forward is safer, and that's where the race is in FRONT of you!

Keirin podium, Jenny Reed (duh) 1st, Annette Hanson (duh) 2nd, and Maranda Duff (of course) 3rd...me? Oh I was butt last in the final, 6th...throwing a temper tantrum, because I KNEW what I did wrong, and that's frustrating...bet it doesn't happen again (don't worry Mom, I didn't really throw a temper tantrum, maybe ONE little cuz word, and didn't contest the final sprint)...

Everyone's favorite place to be, on the fastests' riders' wheel (hmm, grammar help? Fastest's?, sorry Grandmother, I'm a product of America's poor educational system). This is the Miss N Out

Hey look, Jen Tripplett joined us...because she's AWESOME! Annette about killed me though, I was supposed to be helpful, and I screwed up my job costing Annette 3rd...oopps, again Lesson? Don't panic, be aware of what is going on around you, help out your friends and they will return the favor!

Points race...this is the finish. This is the race you have multiple sprints throughout the race...it's becoming one of my favorites, if I could just learn how to be more efficient/patient...

Jenny Reed knows how to ride a points race...yea, she pretty much won EVERY single stikin' race...because she's heads and shoulders better than us...she deserves every cent she made!!

Oh Joy the Match Sprints (PUKE)...Heather Van Valkasomething schooled me, but this time she had to work a little harder than at Alpenrose 2 wks ago to beat me...my big accomplishment of this 2 lap race was I got around her..I started behind her, and it was my goal to get in front of her then move her up track...and I got around her then freaked out and so she got right back in front of me and easily took the sprint...baby steps!! Nice work Heather, someday, I'll make you break a sweat!!

That's it!! A great weekend of racing! Thanks so much to the MVA staff (Dave Mann, and Harley Sheffield, and others) who worked so hard to get this race together...all the sponsors, and athletes who made the trip! It's an awesome race, w/ good money for all trackies reading this...you should come next year!

This is how the Canadians celebrate a weekend of racing....break dancing in the beer garden after their races...dude they were a hoot!!
Also, thanks to Brad Huff and Mike Freedman for making the trip and raising the bar of competition...they were awesome to watch, super nice guys, and really animated the racing!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fastest rider's

fastest can't possess rider

Anonymous said...

bet you really did throw a tantrum