Saturday, November 04, 2006

Psycho-Cross Action...



Last weekend there was a Cross race in Snohomish...So Annette Hanson and I decided to ride out to watch....oh and we got rained on the entire way, w/ three bouts of Hail as well. I guess it's that time of year again. Maybe Leg warmers (not knee), and some kind of bootie would have been a good idea...oh yea, I was on my TT bike (It was beautiful when I left the house!!)...

So we get to the cross race and the sunshine returns....bastard! Annette and I scurry off to the closest cafe for soup and coffee to counteract our hypothermia...I, of course, didn't bring any clothes, but Mike had his jeans and jacket in the car...because he was racing...and what is worse than FITTING in your husbands clothes??? Don't we all just want it to be HUGE on us?? Everything fit, jeans, jacket, SHOES....I think I was supposed to be a boy (that's what my Dad thought too before I was born...), but instead I'm one tought, thick headed girl...hah!!

After lunch, and the feeling returning to my toes...we returned to watch the end of the cross race.








Wait a MINUTE!!! What's Mike doing on the sideline w/ Annette???







Oh my, that saddle looks...uh uncomfortable...gives a new meaning to 'hardass'...











There's a real 'Slippery Slope' in REAL cross races...this was a great place to watch people eat it...literally!



The worst part about cross? The clean up...lucky for me the rain and hail washed my bike for me...whew!

That was that!

No comments: