Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Murdin twins Celebrate 36!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you....
The way you celebrate birthdays here, is you bring breakfast in bed, singing 'Happy Birthday', and give gifts. This is Daniel. As the Murdin family, we had to divide an conquer...3 went up to Michael's room, 3 to Daniel's.
Mike's struggling to get his eyes open. But he's showing off a awesome cycling tan! No he does NOT have a white shirt on. And that's Kristina w/ him.
Later that evening we had a big celebration. Mike's Uncle and Cousin (Jan-Olof and Martin) both had birthdays recently too, so we had a big party for everyone. Although I think I heard Mike grumble, "Just feels like a watered down Birthday Party".

It take the full concentration of Mike's two remaining brain cells to fly the radio controlled airplane (that is his cousin Martin giggling next to him).
The whole family gets into watching the plane fly. Kerstin (on the far right, Mike's Aunt, Martin's mother) has recently recovered from a near head on w/ the out of control plane, flown by Kristina.

One for each of the twins. I made the one for Mike, Kristina made Daniels.
Mormor (Grandmother) had told Mike and Daniel they were too old for having their own cakes...but she was just kidding, and we surprised them w/ the SECOND cake!
a few extra pictures...
Mike's absolutely favorite place to eat breakfast. And now I know why. So relaxing, and comfortable!
My daily Swedish lesson. Trying to learn the new sounds that are in the Swedish language...this will be a long lesson!

My birthday tea party. That's Gunnel, me, and Mormor. Who brought me a surprise cake as well! What you see on the table is Bulle (like cinn buns) and Chocolate balls (both traditional Swedish cakes....only they are severed BEFORE the cake)...a tradition I'm thinking of taking on!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kele! Missing you in T-town ;) But great to see what you're doing? I may be in Seattle soon! Jen