Monday, August 13, 2007

Kopenham highlights

Since I have not been good about keeping up daily, a summary will have to suffice.
This small trip to pick up Kristina's bike made me so sore, holding my legs up, and not being able to sit straight made it like one long sit up...and check out that tire pressure on the back wheel...
Next we went on a tour on a boat around Copenhagen's shores
This is the famous mermaid, from "The Little Mermaid" story...
Here is Nyhavn (I think) a popular shopping area for tourists.



Damn Tourists! Mike is so funny, he always get embarrassed when I pull out my camera, 'We look like Tourists' he always says...well Mike, WE ARE!!

What you see over my right shoulder is a Bike stop light...and yellow AND red means 'almost green'

Now we go...neat huh!

I don't speak Danish, so this sign really made me chuckle (yes, I am still 12)

Ok, so we went for the famous HUGE ice creams of Denmark. And boy oh boy did they live up to their names. We did have to wait in line for 1/2 hr. These kids got the biggest ones...what you cannot see is there are 6 scoops of normal ice cream UNDER the mound of soft ice cream...

I decided to go w/ 2 scoops plus soft ice cream, whipped cream, and strawberry sauce...cause I'm on a DIET. Mike went for 3, what a pig!
Next we went to Tivoli, the oldest working amusement park in the world. Since most the cool rides were closed (because we got there at 10pm), we settled on playing a friendly tournament of carnival games. Here Mike shows his skill at frog catapulting...but Kristina was the winner of the tournament...I was 3rd (yea, of 3).
This is a electric massaging wooden chair thing...what I'm sitting on rotates, and I hold on...it was so funny, but pretty effective. This was at Kristina's work...that is like a dance studio, we took a 1hr 50min Yoga class I talked about before.
We also saw the last stage of the Tour of Denmark. They did 10 finishing laps in town...it was awesome!

No comments: