Tuesday, August 07, 2007

VaaaaCation Time

Day 1 Thursday Aug 2nd:
Here we go...the Shuttle at 3:30pm Seattle time...

A 9.5hr plane ride...two meals, one movie, 4hrs of sleep...and lots of great company, and cuddles...
Not what I expected to see first thing off the plane in Copenhagen...about 1:30pm the following day (Aug 3rd)...
Because Denmark is one of very few countries that will not allow Starbucks to infiltrate them...and I love it. But apparently this is the ONLY one, seeing as it's an international airport. Stay strong Denmark!!!


'If Homer Simpson were here I'd hug him like this'...says Mike
"Ok Kele, this is how you stand in the queue in Danish, for the train to Kristina's house from the airport. Pay close attention"....says Mike
Soon after we arrive, it's time to go out to see the city a little with Kristina, Mike's little sister, and my one and only Sister-in-law! See the blue bike lane ahead of Kristina? That's how it works here in Copenhagen...Kopenham...something like that
Commuting, Mike and Kristina...this is what traffic is like here
Mike and Kristina enjoy a photo opt...
The walking street where all the shops are...I'm sure it has a name, but no one is around me at the moment to ask...sorry
Awesome shot. The architecture here is amazing. I wish my Dad was here to explain it all to me. For now, I will just admire it...
Can your see the sign, this building was made in 1694....WOW!
Whew, that was a long day! But so exciting, I wonder what tomorrow will hold?

No comments: