Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Birthday Smirfday.....


So yesterday was Mike's 34th birthday (it's so weird to be able to remember celebrating his 24th birthday w/ him....man, it's been a while...and we're still happy..hmmm who would have thunk it!!)

....so, ya know the way it goes "Whatever you want to do for your 'special day' honey!'

Unfortunately, when he said .."let's take the day off work and go for a ride"...I didn't stop and think that if he was taking the ENTIRE day off work (one of his coveted holiday days) this must be some SERIOUS ride....no, no, not me...all I heard is NO WORK, blaa blaa bike, blaaa cake....

So he comes home Monday night w/ this 50 page map of every twist and turn from some nerd program at Boeing...which sent us through some freakin' pasture, and one lane overgrown PATH..thank god we didn't get any flats....

Anyway, after he knew I had already agreed, he went on to emphasized the "not ONE, not TWO, but THREE different ferry rides" (red flag!!...if you are taking 3 different ferries, says the voice inside my head, there must be a lot of distance between each)..."and we can have lunch on the ocean...blaa blaa 100miles"

"Sure honey, whatever you....wait da minute???? did you say 100 MILES???"

Now I'm screwed, I cant piss and moan about his 'special ride' he's spent so much time planning...and he's putting so much effort into explaining it to me...but BLOODY HELL 100miles is about the LAST thing I want to do....I just wanted a day off work, maybe a coffee shop ride and some damn CAKE....

Now, it was beautiful, and we did get some (all freakin day, 9am-8pm to be exact) US time...which is a rarity these days....and it was nice to watch someone you love REALLY enjoy themselves (cause all I was doing was counting EACH mile...and sucking wheel)! And hey the ferries (all 3) were pretty cool...at least for the first 2 minutes.

Naaaaa, honey I'm just kidding...It was a super-duper day...Especially the lunch part, and the ice cream part, then the beer/cake part....

Well, my 31st b-day is next Monday...and Mike I'll be expecting you to join ME in my 'special day'.....now remember we spent 11hr on your little excursion...so I've got a 9am Spa day planned....I can't wait for some more US time whilst we get matching mani/pedi's, waxes, and facials....we'll both leave beautiful....because hey were teamies right???? (sound familiar Mike!)

So, I'm headed to bed cause I'm completely exhausted!

No comments: