Friday, August 26, 2005

Crit Nats and Travel Hell

So, I need to fire my travel agent....oh yea, that's me!! Here's the itinerary I gave myself: leave Fri night at 8:30 from Seattle, then go to Sacramento and at 12:30am fly to Dallas, arriving at 5:30am local time (3:30am MY time)..then a awesome 2 hr lay over in Dallas, finally flying to Chicago..arriving about 10am. And due to the 2 stops, and multiple interruptions with take off and landing....I barely got any sleep!

Once I arrived, I immediately took a nap...then off to the race! My team rode great...Kat ended up in the winning break..and raced her way to her first podium finish (just 4mo into her NRC career....yea, she's freakin' scary fast/savvy, a great combo). I didn't feel great (I wonder why)...and was cornering like a Cat4...which I attribute to witnessing too many crashes this season, and robbing me of the aggressive 'no fear' needed to sneak into corners....but thanks to the women of the pelaton...I was quickly reminded to snap out of it...and Sun I did!

Crit nats: good race, good team work..we made waves, every rider did their job...and in the end Nicole snipped a second place finish...her first comment after the race was "I can win that!!" the most confident statement from her all season!!

Then, I was back to the airport at 6:30pm..and home at Midnight...a long weekend, but a good one!!

That's all for now!

1 comment:

E-Dub said...

You are hilarious! You're fired! I like your whacked out site, too.