Sunday, August 07, 2005

Home sweet Home!!

Well, the BOA was...Exciting...Heartbreaking, leg breaking, and a huge success for Nicole Freedman!!! The money brought a full field, throw barriers, wind, big risks...and that's a great recipe for crash. Gina Grain went down on an early lap...and I happened to be far enough behind I saw her once she landed...and it was the single most heartbreaking/most scary thing I have experienced as a racer so far. This season seems to be plagued w/ horrible crashes and tragedies...Leigh Goldstien (spelled wrong) had a horrible crash at Cascade, Suzie Weldon crashed at some local crit, a Cat 4 women is now permanently paralyzed from her waist down after injuries sustained at the Toona crit, we all heard about the horrible tragedy that fell on the Australian team...and now Gina...I just cracked....ENOUGH already...it is a constant reminder of the risks we take each time we race! My deepest sympathies to Gina and her team...I wish her a speedy recovery..she's a great rider, and person...I hope to see her again soon!

Then after a delay whilst Gina was cared for....the race was reduced to 10 screaming laps, w/ several $500/$1000 primes...then a phenomenal show of speed from the fastest women in the country...Ina won, followed by Tina, and our very own NICOLE FREEDMAN rocking in at third!! I'm so proud of Nicole's ride yesterday, she literally rode her heart out, and that's why I love this team...nice job Nicole (although I know you'll never read this, unless instructed to by others). After we had the usual 3hr shuffle of cars/bags/bikes...and then dinner and drinks all around!

After a brief nap, we were off to the airport..Luckily Eric packed my bike, as I wasn't in such a great state at 3am....so I get to the airport, and once again have NO idea what airline, time...I know I came in on United...and lucky for me I see two cyclist who know me, and saw me in the exact same clothes a few hours earlier....yea, I impressed them!!

somehow I found my airline, and it was a direct flight Charlotte to Seattle (5.5 hrs)...and they didn't even charge me for my bike!!

and now...I'm headed to watch a local crit...it's 60 degrees and NO humidity...I love the summers here!!

So everyone, be safe...Cherish each day, stop and smell the roses, today cause life is short!

1 comment:

Murdin blog said...

nice to have you at home...and blogging.....