Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sweet California!!



Yes, I'm back...in L.A...well actually, Rolling Hills Estates (Palos Verdes)...but anyone from anywhere but here...pretty much LA works.

Wanna hear the latest travel adventure I had? Good.

Once again, I'm in the airport headed down to California w/ NO IDEA where I'm gonna be staying...I did have the address and phone to a hotel near the track (MOM)...

So, I land and there are several voicemails from Neva Day, who has been working hard to find me a place...and viola....Terry and Gale (he is a member of the South Bay Wheelman's team) volunteered to host me...he'd recieved the email about noon, and I arrived about 4....AND when I arrive in the Taxi, he cannot get a signal to run my card, and I don't have enough cash, so Terry pays for my Taxi....

so in review, Terry woke up this AM like any other Monday....and now he has a house guest (he and his wife, son Kyle, and daughter Kayla?, dog Teddy, and cat Idontremember) for a week, and the first thing he does is give me money...Thank you, is an understatement.


We immediately went for a ride. Terry does super long races...Bru-oh goodness-I don't remember what they are called...the word is french for ticket, because you have to get your ticket stamped at every check point...Brulet, Bordeau, buggilywuggily, not that's not it...anywho...he set me up on one of his bikes, and off we went.



Nice view for breakfast huh??!!



Teddy is a beautiful dog!!

2 comments:

Courtenay said...

I think it's called a brevet - they are like 200-400 miles long.

Whoa.

GCDavid said...

It is a brevet. Guys in my club do them. Starting at 100k and then progressing to riding to Montreal and back to Boston. Bostonbrevets.com. Insanity (but relatively cheap entry fee).