Saturday, March 11, 2006

Hoof and Mouth...that's what I got today!!

Today's race was reduced to 5 laps/75mi...due to rain/hail and freezing temps. And the course took us around multiple orchards, fields, pastures, and farms....which means lots of manure...and seeing as there were 4million attacks, and I was gasping for breath the entire race...my mouth was WIDE open...as seen in 90% of the shots taken of me on my bike. So, I'm looking forward to contracting some new disease, I just can't wait to see what I get!!

The race somehow stayed together after Webcore tried 3.8million attacks, and Lipton countered most, and Victory was very active as well. But, today was not the day for a break....Unfortunately, because I was really hoping for one, and therefore chased WAY TOO much...oh well!

In the finish it was all together and Nicole had just rejoined the pack after chasing for a lap and 1/2 after a crash...and she tried to tell me to attack 500m from the last corner...but I couldn't understand her...and I didn't hold my position in the last 1K...and finished in the who cares Zone!

Cudos to Hiroko who took me to the front in the last 2k, a huge move for her! And Nicole rode like a champion, burying herself to get back to the pack and THEN going straight to the front, communicating w/ all her teammates, then became our highest finisher (makes me feel like a wuss)! Jen Joynt again was aggressive early and covered a bunch and positioned well, and gave me a lift to the front 2x, she continues to make leaps and bounds of improvement at each race. Jane Z was great helping me to the front, and staying attentive at the front until unfortunately was taken out in the same crash as Nicole. Alisha, always rides smart and is amazing w/ position....I learned from her today the value in being more patient w/ the multitude of attacks!

Tomorrow's a crit...we'll see what happens!

2 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

ugh.

double-ugh.

but i likes da courage. keep swingin', yo.

Sami said...

Good work Kele! Thank you so much for the report. I would like to personally snif you at sea otter.