Monday, March 06, 2006

This one time at Band camp...

So, let's get caught up...last post was my first ride on my new bike (that went straight to my head...wink wink). Then last Tues we drove to a different part of California (Jed Peter's house, our PR rep/legal advisor extraordinare) for 'camp'.


This is SOOO Jed!!
And notice, who's doing actual work (Brent Chapman, our Director). This is the garage of grandeur....all our bike stuff is here...HURRAY!!







Velo-Bella Camp Day 1:
Dr. Max Testa's test--Lactate threshold test, body fat, resting EKG, bike fit, and analysis of test results from Dr. Testa...honestly what stuck in my head the most was that is my body fat it too high, and I'm powerful! Dr. Testa said not to even worry about those long climbs, get my teammates to the bottom and go at LT the whole way up...kinda reminds me of what Ina does....But, I don't really want to throw in the towel yet, there's a climber here somewhere...

After Dr. Testa's testing, I went to Myke Berna's shop for a more thorough bike fit, more specific to my TT/pursuit position. And the skinny on that was my saddle was really far back which mimics a climbers position (emphasizing the Hamstring/gluts more)....and we all know that ain't me...so he brought it forward...


Myke's bike fitting skills



This is what I do when I go for evening rides alone....I'm still a goof!





VB Kona Camp Day 2:
We had a group ride w/ Myke and Brent in the car...Beautiful day....got to know each other a little. Team lunch!


Jen's closest to the camera, then it's Hiroko, Nicole in her yellow rain jacket and Basis shorts, Jen Joynt is hidden (because she's tiny), and Jane is ridin' caboose!








Here again is Jen and Jane, but I think Hiroko has a bee in her ear!!









That evening we had a beautiful spread, put on by Suzie Peters (Jed's wife, and one of the founding Velo Bella's). The Mtn bike team was there...it was great to meet everyone...and Kristin Danielson was there (my former teammate, and good friend). It was a great meal, and good time!

VB Kona Camp Day 3:
I think we rode again, had logistical/tactic meeting...but all I really remember was the photoshoot....

It was an epic 5-6hr event...complete w/ makeup artists, props, stalettoes, mini skirts, and fans (as in wind)...When I get the photos I'll show you...think 'Bella'....


And that was that....racing starts tomorrow!

No comments: