Saturday, March 25, 2006

Redlands Crit

Whew...made it safe and sound! Redlands is historically one of the fastest crits of the year. It's shaped like a squished figure 8...so lots of hard corners, some sweeping, always some wind, and a very deep strong field...

The race started fast, and stayed fast...but the team raced great, each rider rode beyond their expectations...died trying, gave 110%, it was great to be a part of! Nicole was phenomenal on the radios...she gave me the courage to attack at one point of the race...and kept me in the 'game' mentally...she was great!

It seemed like there was a prime every lap...between cash, watches, vintage comic book, and time bonuses....I heard the bell a million times...keeping the race fast.

The race was crash free until the last 4 laps...when someone hit the barriers on the left...and after the race I heard/saw a Webcore rider still down, but don't remember her being down in the race...but I wish her the best, and hope she is ok...I hate that part of racing! Speedy recovery to you Amber!!

Tina Pic won, out sprinting (by choosing the perfect line in the last 2 corners forcing Ina to take them wide) Ina...wow! I love Tina Pic...she's such an awesome person, and make such an awesome racer!

Also...I love it when Mountain bikers who I've NEVER seen in a cirt before, hit me on my hip after I out corner them safely like we RODIES know how...and screems a colorful bouquet of swear words at me to hold my line...funny huh?? Takes some gaul, and it was toward the end, and I was at pretty much the worst place I'd been the entire race, which meant she'd been there all day...
I think what she meant to say was "Geez this is hard, and I"m tired, please don't make me do any extra work...I'm just a Moutain biker and don't know how to corner" No names mentioned...but I'll tell ya if you ask me!

For today, I did what I set out to do...now it's time for SUNSET (dun...dun...dun...daa, you know Beethoven)

1 comment:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

redlands ... no thanks.

but good to hear you're enjoying it.

blech.