Sunday, April 23, 2006

Clean Sweep









This weekend racing took me to Walla Walla Washington (that's not a joke, it's the real name of a city...). Mike's team was racing this 2 day, 3 stage race...and I'd done it about 3yrs ago...fun race! Unfortunately, there is a new race in Oregon..Willamette this weekend...and so the field split up...thus much smaller fields than usual!

So, friday after a short work day...we loaded up and headed out the 5hrs to Walla Walla.....

First we had a 5mi TT...went well! Felt good, raced 100%, good focus...and WON! Sweet...on a small note my computer said I was ~30sec faster than the posted result...which would have ment I beat Mike....so OF COURSE, I protested (or at least asked them to review their math...) but to no avail...they found no mistakes! Don't worry, I'll beat him again!!

So, later that day we had a RR....but we had ~3hrs to kill...and this is what we did (Mostly all the guys from Mike's team Garage...)













Here are the Cat 4 contingent of the Starbuck's Women's team...and yes that is underwear on her head...apparenlty if you're lucky enough to be Lanton Roughe...you get the panties...and give rubs!













After the RR (which, BTW I won)...we went to the spaghetti feed! Yumma Yumma!!








The next stage was the Crit...and in order to avoid an embarrassing sprint finish ...I went out on my own....and had my first (and prob ONLY) experience of lapping the field!! Yea, won again! Man, this winning stuff is great!





These guys were awesome...they cheered me on in the RR and Crit...oh what fun!!





Yea, Yea...yadda yadda yadda...gimme the money Dude!!

I had a great weekend, it was awesome to race at 'home' and have so many friends around! In the background here is Heather Albert...a former teamate (now in a Cow jersey)..yet another treat to race w/ her...she's taught me so much!!

Mike's team, the Garage Boys rode their hearts out this weekend! I'm so proud of them! This year's Walla Walla's small feilds proved to be a tough, 'nowhere to hide' type race! Jason Bethel, Nathen Smith, Mike, Pete Grabbleouski knuckled down in the final crit...Flavio (again, that's a real name) crashed Sat, Neil and Jay got caught in a hellaciously wind LONG day (nearly 100mi) on Sat! But, they all rose to the occasion, sick/injuried/tired...and gave all they had...it was cool to be a part of....then they even had energy to make fun of my 'super tuck' cornering in the crit...thanks PETE!!

4 comments:

X Bunny said...

awesome job!

do you have a link to this race--i want to get it up in the results blog

JT said...

Hey Kele - Thanks for kicking so much butt! You are an inspiration and feel very fortunate to have you as a friend. Thanks for rekindling my fire and proving that hard work, dedication, mental toughness and aggressiveness is how it's done. You ROCK!!!

BTW - the pic of you and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger are my favorite. Did you get one of the devils?

Track starts Friday!

kelekelebobelly said...

X bunny...I think it's tour of Walla Walla, yea not that helpful eh?

Brent said...

just remember the old team just got to use you for this race!

Your ours now again. :)

Now go for a 3-peat in Athens/gila/joemartin.