Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Veteran Tips from Nicole Freedman

So today I went for a ride w/ Nicole, and Dr. Beth McGilley...and got some great tips...



First we have the tin foil over the shoe, to create a water proof barrier....












To apply tear a sheet off approx size of your foot and fold over top of shoe, Nicole will demonstrate...











Second, if no port-a-potty's available, SQUAT...Beth will demonstrate.....









Third, proper standing form before that long winter ride is crucial, as Nicole can attest, here she is ready to ride...











Here's Nicole demonstrating how to suffer (otherwise known as climbing)..Beth seems much more comfortable w/ this idea....



Here's what rain gear I wear....I'm talking about the jacket....and yes my feet were wet and freezing....Nicole claimed to be warm the entire rainy ride...but how could she admit otherwise w/ that ridiculous tin foil on her feet!!

Did you notice the sweet Kona King Zing I'm standing behind...I don't know which is more beautiful me or the bike?? Especially in that sweet yellow Fred's jacket!!






Sorry Beth but this is the only angle I had of you...seeing as we were climbing together...It was great to spend a little time w/ my good friend Beth...she's the one squatting, if you don't remember...she's a great person, and super fun to be around, so full of positive energy! Lucky for me I get to see her again at the Gila...one year she was the topples girl (one of 2) who painted their chests after loosing a bet to the men who were racing (the bet was something like, 'If you guys win a stage, we'll go topples in the feed zone', and what do ya know...somebody won...and oh so many ppl got to reap (hmm, spelling on that??)the rewards!)

No comments: