Friday, October 06, 2006

Points Final WITH ADDED Photos


Sima got to meet Floyd Landis before the start...and being the total crack up she is, as well as a Pediatric Physical Therapist...after he told her he had recently undergone a hip replacement (seeing as Sima was the only person on the planet that did'nt know)...she says, "Well I'm a Pediatric physical therapist, so if you start crying like a baby I can help you out!"...HA! Isn't that awesome!!! She's so funny, I wish I had the balls to talk to Floyd....I was around but was too shy to ask for a photo...NOT SIMA!

Matt and Julia Whiteside (our original hosts) came to watch the Scratch Final..I may look relaxed...but don't be fooled!





Here I am next to Sarah Uhl, I like being close to my friends whenever possible!




Friends stick together...






Holy Macarroni that was hard! I didn't score ANY points, wasted energy, rode aggressively, attacked when I thought I couldn't finish the race, fought like a pit bull to get back on about 8cazillion times, and finished in the pack....









Colby gave me a ear full (all of which I NEEDED to hear) about my poor choice in use of my energy...trying to lead out the sprint like Sarah Hammer does, but guess what, I'm not 4x stronger than these girls, and they all come around me on the sprint...I have made that mistake TOO many times, it's frustrating NOT to learn, and keep making the same mistakes...

On a positive note, I never gave up....I suffered like a dog, but didn't stop trying to be a part of the race....I would be off the back, catch back up and go straight to the front...just like Nicole taught me...because that's where all the champions are...but unfortunately I didn't have the legs to back it up...so then I'd get passed....get shot out the back, chase back on, and go to the front, repeat as needed.....I think there were like 3x I thought I was dropped, then I remembered that I NEVER quit...I have to die trying...so I'd scrape my way back....

Another dissapointing race. I feel like I am so much stronger than how I'm racing here....maybe that's what everyone thinks when the race poorly....It's so embarressing, I want so desperatley to perform like I know I can....but the legs aren't there...

I just have to accept it and make the needed changes and move on!

2 comments:

JT said...

kelekelebobelly - you did great! Just think how much experience you just gained in that race alone - that's priceless! Nice work out there- you did amazing. I can't wait to race with you again!

Old as dirt said...

Here's some pics of Masters Nats from my old Kiwi friend Mark Legg
http://tinyurl.com/kphna