Thursday, October 05, 2006

Track Nationals!



Holy Cow, look at all these people!


This is the start gate, it holds your bike, then releases at the EXACT moment you start (I got a little confused, and had a false start because I went on 1 instead of GO...and clipped out)

I'm not behind a fence, it's me behind a netting...Thanks Sima for taking the picture...

Ok. Track Nats have arrived. I started w/ the 3K...w/ almost 20 other women!!
Sarah Hammer showed us how it's supposed to be done w/ a 3:32, Katie Compton took 2nd w/ a qualifying time of 3:50 (in the final, Sarah caught Katie in 6 laps...but Katie had asked if she could keep going because she had come so close to making the time standards 3:49...but someone forgot to tell the lap counter person, so she wasn't able to finish, total bummer for her!)

Here's Sarah Killin' it in the Qualifier...she's so fast I could'nt get the picture close up..
I think Neva Day got silver and qualified w/ a 3:52 (I think), then Kristina King took Bronze w/ a qualified w/ a 3:55....


The rest of us....Kim Giest posted the 5th fastest time w/ a 3:58, then KeleKeleBoBelly at 3:59, Sarah Uhl 4:01....and that's all I can remember.

I was dissapointed not making the finals...but those girls were faster, peroid! So, now I return to training, and I'll try again in January!

No comments: