Sunday, October 08, 2006

Scratch Fest and Hammer time!

So to top of a week of poor performance and huge dissapointments...I failed to make the flippin' FINALS of the Scratch. I made the SAME tactical errors Colby told me about yesterday....AAAHHGGRRRppssstttpooporamastompstomp....

But I did move around better, still need to improve there though. It was a super slow race...till the last 2 laps...and I was like 12th of 14, and 10 advance...dissapointed? YES!

So, being demoted to a spectator (but joined by my sister) I was able take pictures of the Madison and the Womens Points.






Here's Ms. Hammer ready to throw down AGAIN!! She's such a treat to watch...damn she's fast, smart, and super nice/approachable (and her dad said she's reads my blog!!! I wish that made me cooler somehow..What an HONOR....ok back to reality)











The Madison is such AWESOME race, not to sound corny....but it just has all the elements of track racing...huge technical skill w/ all the exchanges, huge changes in speed for the riders (they go from 'relief' going super easy, to a full on sprint about 30x in a race), it's super long 160 laps...probably close to 45min requiring good endurance....It was so fun to watch w/ my sister and see her really get into it!! I want to do one now!! They should have them for women at SOME level!!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Good job Kele! Keep on plugging away out there!

Gilby said...

Give yourself some credit! You did a great job for your first year of racing at nats, mixing it up with with the big names in the track world. Now that you know what to expect, you'll go back next year stronger & smarter.

I haven't raced the Madison [yet], but have practiced it some. It is a lot of fun, and not to mention great training. Hopefully next year we'll have a couple women's teams racing it at our track next year.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know some of your friends back here in Kansas are very proud of you!!! Also I love reading your blog, it always makes me laugh!!!
Lisa