Friday, October 06, 2006

Points Race Heats

That's what we had today. And I made the finals...that's all I know! It was great to finally RACE! This is by far the strongest feild I've ever raced with on the track!

It's pretty cool to watch Sarah Hammer, just do WHATEVER she wants, w/ such ease.

So tonight we have the Final. At like 9pm...crazy to race so late...but when you have an indoor track you can race anytime!!

My sister is coming tomorrow, I'm so excited. I'm so grateful for my family's support. It's a 6hr drive, she's driving in on Sat, and back home Sunday...that's a lot of driving! And my Mom drove 11hrs from Wichita to Colo Spring to watch our 16min Scratch race at Master Nationals. But it was great to see her, and my lil' bro Sam.

Ok, it's rest time before our night session! Blogging doesn't count!

REST SHMEST...let's look at some photos:


Kory is stretching, Katie Compton is sitting in front of Kory, and behind them is Becky, all relaxing before the Points heats....our heat had 14 riders, 10 move on







Everybody is getting ready...Larua, Tom Zerbel, Scott Z. all hangin out!










This is Andrew Hawkes..he's THE BEST ever! He is the mechanic for USA cycling. He has helped me out SO SO much this week, and at track camp...I can't even tell you. He's so patient and calm..so we complement eachother WELL (because I'm NEROTIC)...But a hugeasaurous THANK YOU to Andrew for all his time and effort dealing w/ Nuts-o-Kele!!











After our morning session we returned to our Getto hotel room, and Sima made an authentic Persian meal for us...w/ her CANNED veggies and instant Brown rice...nothing but the best from Walnut for us...Strange, no Whole Foods here in COMPTON!

No comments: