Saturday, January 14, 2006

Congrats to Sarah Uhl, Tina Pic, and Lauren Franges!

All these women....and maybe a couple more...made the talent pool in the 2k. Good job ladies. Everyone put on a strong effort...and learned just how hard these time standards are (especially yours truly).

If yesterdays menu had Humble Pie, today we had embarrassment Stew w/ humiliation tossed salad! I am trying very hard to stay positive, as use this awesome experience to help me develop blaa blaaa blaaa...I FREAKIN SUCKED IT UP, plain and simple ya'll. The track is not just a place for strong riders to come throw down...oh no, it's a whole other ball game boys and girls...and I would suggest PRACTISING!!

For example, I TOTALLY missed the starting tape on my first attempt of my 2k (it's 'flying'...so you start from the top edge of the track and cut down...but I stayed high too long and didn't hit the tape...because I was confused on what lap it was....you have 3 to wind it up...and I just had so much going through my head.."pick it up slow and steady, don't be afraid of the pain, stay low, nail that black line, was it 2 or 3 to go?, Chrissy said go eyeballs out the first 2 laps, what the hell am I doing here??, ignore that pain in your crotch....oh crap is he saying I'm starting now...Where's the line, oh God I sat down way to fast, oh shy-ser I'm never gonna make the time w/ this start....please make me start over...oh god this is embarrassing....."

Yea, so I got to try again....and that time I did a little better on the start....seems I'm always learin' the hard way! I bet I'll never do that again!

What I learned:
1: Track has a lot to do w/ technique and you must have help learning those components of this sport...I ignored that and hoped being strong would make up for it...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO, not by a long shot. Track is very hard, I now have gained a new huge respect for track racing.

Things I could improve on:
1:So, I didn't put air in my tires (or Chrissy would say "put air in my bike") because I have to hold the nozzle on..And pump w/ one arm and even w/ my entire body mass I can't get it past 110...and that was yesterday...so I didn't even bother today.
2:All weekend I raced on a 48/13 (thanks Jen, and Ryan)...Because that's the only gear I can fit on my chain.
3:My TT helmet is broken in 2 places...the flap that covers each ear is broken off...so I taped them w/ black tape. I have no idea which way that tri spoke front is supposed to run...w/ those track scewers there's no way of telling...for me!

Things I did well:
1: laughed at myself, enjoyed the experience
2: Gave 100% effort each race
3: Got lost in LA w/o freaking out
4: took time to enjoy Laguna beach
5: Called Mom for moral support that I needed

Well, I need to go to bed...my flight leaves at 6:50AM, from Burbank...a min of 1:20drive...so it's gonna be an early start! But my sister is coming for a week tomorrow....I'm so excited. She just spent 30days at a meditation retreat....sitting on a pillow and meditating ALL DAY for 30DAYS!!! Can you tell we are a little different....but very close!

2 comments:

kelekelebobelly said...

Thanks Mom!!

kelekelebobelly said...

Thanks for the comment MOM!