Friday, January 13, 2006

Humble Pie Anyone??

MMMMmmmmm, "Yes please sir, I'll have an EXTRA LARGE piece please!!"

So...today was the 3k time trial on the track here in LA. As seen below.







There was a massive group of women...four!! And, of them guess how many made the Qualifying time....NONE!! Ohhweee. If Kristin Armstrong missed it (by about 1 sec)...this is really gonna be tough. At least I can say I was the biggest loser...not just in size either. So the unofficial results looked something this:
Screamin fast Kristin Armstrong: 3:50something
Cookin' close behind was Sarah Uhl: 3:53something
Flyin' in third was catherine Kuri: 4:00something
Some Velo-Bella bringin' up the rear (ME): 4:03something

Yea, so the qualifiying time is 3:49something...that leaves me w/ 14seconds to improve...holy maccaroni...hmmm, maybe I should practice. Today was the very first time I have EVER done a 3k effort, ever...never done one in practice...have never used that starting block thing..haven't had help w/ start since August...didn't have a clue what my split times were...so...I think if I could improve on one of the above mentioned areas...that's got to be worth...3seconds?? and hey only 11 to go...

I was floored of the small number of women there. Where is everyone??? Why don't ppl show up to try?? At least locals?? Yea, it's crazy hard...but you'll never know if you don't try....oh well, more humble pie for me...Chrissy, talks about how she loves PUMPKIN pie, no thanks....it's humble pie for me (I think it has negative calories)...

Another embarressing point...I was also the only girl NOT w/ the USA cycling folks...man, I didn't mean to be so RADICAL...nor did I think I would suck so bad...oh well, you learn something new everyday...I guess I radically suck!

3 comments:

kelekelebobelly said...

kele you're a rock star! What a cool superman T-shit, I mean shirt!

kelekelebobelly said...

Now, I've resorted to leaving my own comments, to my own blog, from my own website....I need help (or maybe a friend...any volunteers?)

Brent said...

Keep Rocking on the track! Keep your spirits high as you got a lot of ladies watching to see you kick some ass! They know you can.

Brent