Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Grand Finale

Ok, so officially my time was 2:32.30 (time standard 2:34.4) and my 500 was 34.2 (time standard 34.08)...basically I came off the first lap screamin' fast (literally) and then scarred myself so I backed off for the second lap and apparently .12 too much...but I am overall extremely pleased....We also did a standing 500m I rode a 41.98 (not so good, the top US sprinter can do high 30s...like 37-38)...

Yea, so that little LOCAL race...oh my Goddness...the first one was stupid easy...but the second was stupid HARD..we rode behind this electric motor bike...and it was a 160 lap race (that is NOT a miss-print it was one hundred sixty laps)...and basically it was pretty much from 85%-110% the entire race...I got popped x2 (I couldn't hang on) so since it was a 'training' race we were allowed to rest and jump back in...so that's what I did...it was GREAT training (Grace Fleury was a rock star and hung on the motor the entire race)...I've learned this week I need to work on my finesse (high cadence, high speed) because I have gotten this far just on strength..and if I can put strength/finesse together I will do well!





So, at these races we got these sweet, 'So-Pro' helmet covers....don't we look intimidating??




After racing we went to dinner...from Left w/ her tongue out is Haley Bean, then Grace 'the fury' Fluery, Ulrich DeYoung, Alex Welsh (who was in the front group along w/ Colby the entire 160laps), Winston David (has fastest mens 3k time..I think 3:52?? Sorry Winston if that's wrong), and THE ONE AND ONLY Colby Pearce (I'm pretty sure that's the correct spelling)...

I'd like to thank Colby again for running a great camp....he shared so much of his time, knowledge, humor, talent, tactics, and joy of bike racing to all of us, I don't think there is one person here that will NOT continue racing the track! Thanks Colby! And Jim Miller! And Justin Koch for busting his butt this AM and changing his flight plans in order to be able to help...VERY knowledgeable guy, and fun to have around!

Ok, I'm watching speed skating..it's 11pm, I have to be in the lobby at 4:20AM to load the truck...so I should go to bed!

Life is good!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hey Kele,
Congrats on the camp! You rock. I just discovered your blog and it is great. I wish I could have hung with you at camp but I had a bit of knee surgery:-). I can't wait to see you in California!
Brooke