Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Track Riding 101




Today was day one of 6 of Track Camp for those who don't have much experience on the track. It's in LA area, same track I 'raced' on at the Time trials in mid January. Yea I know what you're thinking, I should have done this camp FIRST...shut up!!

Here we are getting our bikes ready...










So, we ride to the track from the hotel...and I had had trouble getting my back wheel to turn...I thought it was those stupid Cane Creek brakes...so I released the cable, twisted the entire brake thing...but all to no avail...then others tried to help, but we could not get the wheel NOT to rub...so I rode it rubbing like crazy the entire ride to the track. When we got there, the mechanic (Justin Koch) informed me my rim was again shredded (remember I had one blowout on me on Sat)..so luckily they swapped a wheel for me and no problems.

The track session began w/ 1hr of Roger Young (the director of the ADT Home Depot track) of the basics..then we worked on riding each line, then did some paceline work, then one flying lap (that I still really need to work on...remember I missed it on my first try at the Time Trails...now I'm scarred)..













The ride home was HOT, I"m not kidding...no leg warmers, no arm warmers...it had to be high 70s...Gorgeous! See...




At 2 we went for a gorgeous ride along the coast, then back through terrifying streets of LA...
















Now I'm back safe and sound...bloggin' and chillin' watching TV!
I'll let you know what happens tomorrow!

No comments: