Monday, February 27, 2006

Mercy Me Merced!!

Sunday was a Crit in Merced. It was about 45min, 3 90 turns, and a little cha-cane in the middle...no big deal right? Yea, but add the fact that it started raining about 10min into our race...and it was a crash fest...with the prize going to Webcor for everyone of their rider going down, but still managing to get in the break, and take second!!


Here are some shots...click on the X in the corner to see the picture




Here's Niki Wangsgard (sorry Nik I know that's not the right spelling of your last name....I'm an idiot)...I think she's singing in the rain!










So, are you feelin' it? Kinda' slick....



I'm lookin' Hot in my mixed up kit...YUCK!






I have a little mud on my face!










My pathetic final sprint!!

2 comments:

Velo Bella said...

I totally wimped out on this race and watched it from the warmth and comfort of the car (well, we did get out for the final 5 laps). We saw someone go down in the corners about every other lap. Unreal how slickery it was.

Michael wrote a little write up on it here

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

that was a killer race to watch.

Sabine and I kept holding our breaths every time you'd wash through those corners.

it was obvious you were comfortable with the rain n' slippy-iocity ... but man, it looked like ice out there.

good race - can't wait to see you in 'da glitter.
~m