Saturday, June 23, 2007

Fastest man (or woman) on Wheels

Ok. so I haven't done such a great job of race reporting. I think it's because I'm working so hard to learn from each ride...it's hard to process it all and come out w/ a story.



I just finished two weeks of training and racing here at T-Town. It was great great great. There were good fields, lots of international riders, good weather (for the most part), great road riding, and good friends!!



Mon was a road ride, so spin out the legs from Liberty Classic the day before. There were Tues night races where I could race w/ the Cat 2 men, but it was cancelled due to rain. I drove home where it was still sunny and went on a nice road ride. Elite training was 9-12 daily, so Wed I did some motorpacing w/ Teresa Cliff-Ryan and Jess Mclaine (spelled?). Then there was the 'Derby' group ride Wed night. Of like 50ppl, at a leisurely pace which was fun!



Thursday, my track workout consisted of a few short efforts to try to get open for Friday night racing. My legs were feeling horrible, like cynder blocks, uh oh not a good sign!



Friday night was the Kerin Cup. I had a 2k preme race. This is $50/$25 ea lap...so it was super fast the entire time...I just held on, and finally all the sprinters died and I ended 3rd on the last lap. I saw how little top end speed I have compared to these girls. I would be 'sprinting' and girls would just come blowing over me, 'hmm, that's interesting, how do they go so fast??'...



Then there was a 10k Scratch race. It was more fun, there were several jumps, people trying to get the race going. Nothing stayed away...Rebecca Larson and I made one final attempt off the front, but were reeled in w/ 2 to go...and that was that for me....I was so far out of the money it was comical!



I raced the Kerin, that was super fun. Again I really struggled with the top end...what was needed in the last 2 laps. Jennie rode awesome, and Christin Muche from Gremany barely took the win. Followed by Becky Quinn then Anna Lang.

On the men's side:
Men's Keirin Final 1-8
1 Roberto Chiappo (Ita)
2 Leandro Bottaso (Arg) Argentina
3 Andy Lakatosh (USA) T-Town Express
4 Josiah Ng (Mas) Momentum
5 Maximilian Levy (Ger) Brandenburg
6 Ben Barczewski (USA) T-Town Express
7 Haseem Maclean (Tri) Trinidad
8 Ryan Nelman (USA) T-Town Express

and that was that, cat in the hat

No comments: