Sunday, June 18, 2006

All the OTHER stuff from the race at Stillwater

Righteo...so much more happened besides getting dropped...

Ok, first of all...once again we had huge fans for the VB-K clan...no matter where we finished...which is AWESOME. There was someone ON the climb like 3/4 the way up who knew my name...and my method of climbing it was stand...die, sit....and as soon as I got to whomever knew my name I had to stand again till the top...so Thanks you!

We took some shots too

Here's the Tenace palace...which has been home for the last week. It's gonna be hard to go back to my Condo after a week in the King size bed, sweet TV, huge jetted tub, satellite TV, surround sound! The Tenace family completely opened thier arms, car, and home to us...showing us HUGE generosity, and trust! This was the hardest race of the year so far, and every detail counts...having such wonderful accommodations, and transportation made a HUGE HUGE difference! I cannot express my deepest gratitude enough Gino, Thank you! If it weren't for people like you, I wouldn't be here!!


Yea, the transportation was a Yukon....sweet eh?

Here's the smallest Bella warmin' up!!

Here's a shot w/ our awesome DS John Coleman...yea, he the one Jane is standing in front of...sweet picture! and that's Gino 15 (the Yukon)behind us

Here Mr. and Mrs. Coleman (John and Kate) have a little fun w/ camera duty...I have to again say how wonderful these people have been to us. This race was quite grilling...but the people were so awesome, the overall experience was fantastic! From the overgenerous John, to super helpful Margot rounding up every possible bottle/trainer/feeders, and Lyndsey and Carla (or was it Clara, sorry!!) for feeding, and Carla/clara was sick even!! Then Margots family for dinner...and Kate (John's wife) for cheering, and navigating in the caravan, and just supportive/kind words after hard days in the saddle...she was awesome! Then we also got to hang out w/ Eric (Margot's boyfriend) and thier sweed dog Atlas...we just felt so welcomed and relaxed... I LOVE THE MIDWEST!




After the race, Margot and Eric (a local bella that hooked us up w/ all the feeders...oh yea, Clara I forgot to send you a special thanks from Jen...you apparenlty were able to accomodate Jen's finakey (sp?) palate right in the middle of the feed zone yesterday, nice work under pressure!!)...anyway...Margot invited us over to her parents for a barbeque, Pontoon boat ride, swimming, and great R&R...it was a perfect way to end the week...Thanks to Margot and her family!

Ok, I'm such a dork..it's once again...OH MY GOD IT'S 1AM...the taxi is coming at 6:30, the alarm is set for 5:30....damnit!
Nitey nite!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Kele! You heard me!!!! That race is such a BI#*H!

--Laurel