Sunday, June 04, 2006

More Mt Hood

Ok, first of all...Dotsie ALMOST won the circuit race...she was like 2nd, or something. A Palo Alto speed demon won!

Next we had the REAL TT in the AM...10.5 mi out and back....climb then decent...again I felt like I had a great race...until I saw the results....hmm, hope this trend ends SOON! Dotsie actually did win, and took the leaders jersey! I lost like 1:30...Embarrassing, but true!

That evening was the crit! On the positive side, I got to race my kind of race for a few laps, got some primes....then on a sad note, Dotsie crashed and broke her collarbone in this nasty corner! Allison Powers won...which defaulted her the GC leader...but she requested NOT to wear the jersey the following day, due to Dotsie's crash...classy move Allison!

We all wish Dotsie a speedy recovery! And cant wait to see you soon!!

Today was RIDICULOUS! Three mountains...way too many eager climbers...some rain...some sun...tons of pain. So it all came apart right before the first KOM...which is no where NEAR the top (not funny)...so then (I was told later) 4 girls got off (Alicia, Leah, Mara Abbot, Allison Powers...I think) and pretty much stayed away...then there was a second, and third group of chasers... and me yo-yoing off the back of the third...off the back on the ups, and back on the downs...repeat times 3...which sucks, cause there is no time to recover, damn I wish I could just climb better!

So, our Dutch exchange student showed us what's up...she finished a smokin' 7th just behind the lead group! Jane was 12th...and sorry Jen I don't know where you finished but I know it was in front of me...

Leah Goldstien took 1st GC, Alicia Lion 2nd, and Mara Abbot 3rd (Chris I told you wrong...Oops)...

Ok, I know I need to add pictures....but it's 11pm....I need to sleep now!

Next trip is T-Town (if I get my track bike together), then Philly.....but first I need to recover!

3 comments:

Allison Krasnow said...

Great race & it's so much fun reading your reports. Did you get those primes doing the "happy dog" pose?? It's definitely working for me as I'm on my way to upgrading.

Sad (but good) news (maybe just nostalgic, but anyway)...on June 1 I officially gave up my Berkeley apartment (7 months of paying rent while living in Mike's place was a bit too much...).

Lula-La Lula-Hula said...

yes! Photos!!!!
Nice to hear you all did a great job and came home safely.

Little Lion said...

Kele--- I know you can't spell your name ("Kelly -> Kele"), but DANG I thought you'd have learned how to spell mine by now Missy!!

It's Ali-S-H-A... AliSHA... spell it like it sounds, DANG! ;) Us Southerner's keep it simple. ;)