Friday, June 30, 2006

Witchy Fitchy!!


Man, I've been waitin' to write that for DAYS!! Great title, eh??

Ok, let's get down to buisnass...I'm here at Fitchburg, riding as a guest rider on the local team Gearworks Spin Arts...Riding w/ Anna Milkowski, Kami Tremblay, Rebbeca Wellons, Sarah Uhl, and Hiroko Shimada...yea, sweet team huh..and the best part is we are being taken EXTRA special care of by THE Tom Stevens!! What a treat! Sweet!! (cute rhyme huh, too bad I can't spell)

Ok...so I also need to mention our spectacular host housing couple Paul and Heather...cannot remember their last names, regardless they have done everything they can to make us comfortable and rested!! So now we have NO excuses right?!

Ok..first we had the time trial! Once again w/ a nice Lightning storm treat right before (you will remember the tormenta that hit us right before NV crit??)...but it was pretty much over when I started (thus the Witchy title). They changed the course this year, instead of an out and back...we now turn R at the turn around and ride the bottom part of the RR stage, then turn L to go to the Wachusett Mt Visitor center (pretty sure that's WRONG on the el nameo of the mountain..but it's close)...it's shorter 6.2mi...and has some nice rollers...I thought I liked it..but then I saw the results...Nice job to Heather LeBance of Team Advil...she smoked it and won by like 14sec to Meshy Holt (Colavita), then Smokin' Suz Weldon (TRIA...also from Seattle), then Gracey Fleury (Lipton..awesome girl), then Sarah Ohmar (oh god, not sure on the spelling here...but she's riding for Colavita also), then Tina Pic (Colavita), Sarah Tillitson (Colavita), Iona Winters (Coloavita), Laura Van Gilder (Lipton)...oops I'm not sure if that's EXACTLY right but I was 10th 47secs down...I think...and the awesome thing was 4 of our riders were 15-19...Sarah Uhl, Hiroko Shimada (first time on her Kona TT bike, WOW it's makin' her SO FAST), Anna Milkowski, and Rebecca Wellons all Gearwork Spin Arts..and all in a row in top 20...Kami had a strong ride as well, w/ a great attitude!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kele - Great to read your post, including that sweet tt photo. It's been fantastic to race with you. Off to the crit - let's see what we can do! Anna

Anonymous said...

Hey : Great job this week in Fitchburg ! It was great having you stay with us .. Please consider this an open invitation for next year.. P.S ..I hope your bike makes it to it's next destination ... I promise I won't steal it ....borrow maybe !!
Keep in touch and good luck ..
Paul and Heather