Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mt Hood

Ok. So the race started yesterday w/ 3 mi TT or prologue...when does it become a TT not a prologue?? Because they added another hill, and one more mile...I don't know what was wrong w/ the flat, downhill, then 2oom climb??? Sounds good to me!

Well, I rode hard, stayed focused...and was disapointed w/ the result...but hey that's what happens when other girls go faster than you!! Nice work ladies, I know how hard I was working..so you were workin' even harder...WOW! Austin Powers (actually allison, but Austin is funnier) threw down a 7:13ish, w/ Dotsie Bauche (right?) 3seconds back, Suz Weldon 7:30, and me 7:31 (actually it was .8 sec difference, btw)...then Jen Ruiter close behind...and that's all I remember.

My VB-Kona teamates raced well. A few had new TT bikes...Jane Z passed two, count 'em, TWO people in the TT! We have a guest rider...LisaLee (totally not spelled like that, but that's how it's spelled), who is a foreign exchange HS student from Belgium.

Today was a 2 lap 56mi circuit...the flattest of all days. It stayed together....there were two attackes all day (by myself, and I mean that literally), which didn't last long...no one interested in getting away, but me...but to no avail..it was a bunch sprint...pretty dicey at the last 2k...but my teamates were AWESOME, keeping the pace high, and helpin me to the front...I was 6th...Dotsie won!

1 comment:

Lula-La Lula-Hula said...

Nice Job Kele. Great results! It seems that they were all saving for today. Keep us posted.