Thursday, January 04, 2007

LA Track Camp begins!

Here we are again, in LA!! Preparing for either the Talent Pool, LA World Cup, or the Worlds Trials...

There are so many people here...I'm rooming with Kelly Ben-jammin from Cheerwine (she rode for the US in the Australian World Cup, and super nice! Sima Trapp (who rode the Moscow World Cup) is here rooming w/ Laura Kroepsh from Lipton (and super friendly), Neva Day is here as well as Kristin King both are new to me, I'm looking forward to getting to know them better...they both smoked at Elite Nats, Neva was the only person to make the 2K times!

Then for the boys there is Tom Zirbel of Priority Health, Brad Huff from Tiaa Creff, Sam Jurekovic (a mountain biker for the US team, giving it a go on the track...he flew in from Jackson Hole)..Dave McCook from the Jelly Belly team, who represented the US also at the Australian World Cup, of course there is Wiswell, Hartley, DeYoung, Murphy, Rilling, Karzen...and if I knew them better I could tell you more about them...I'll keep you posted!

THEN, there is a Team Pursuit camp going on as well...Hammer leads the charge, of course, also Kristin Armstrong, Christine Thorbun, Kim Giest, Allison Powers, Lauren Faranges, Kori Seahafer...all doing their inaugural Women's Team Pursuit camp!! Unfortunately, we don't practice together, I'll have to work hard at creating hang out time w/ them.

Oh, sorry about no pictures yet....I'll get on that.

Wanna hear the first scary story of my trip...I almost crashed out the entire Team Pursuit Camp's paceline...our camp was on the apron cooling down, and someone bumped someone..who ran into me forcing me into the black lane right as all the above girls were finishing their effort which means they were going FAST...and I got yelled at rightfully so...I felt awful...thank godness no one got hurt, but it was close!!

No comments: