Friday, January 19, 2007

San Diego...I think that's Latin for....

I cannot remember the line from Anchorman....but it's funny!!

Anyway, we are in San Diego now...Kenny and I came down for a few days of training prior going back to LA to prep to make the Worlds Trials next Fri and Sat.

The trip down here was very uneventful, but much more enjoyable with someone...I'm so used to being alone, time passes so much quicker with company.

We are staying with Sue Hopkins and her husband Craig (Kenny's coach). Also staying with them are two Kiwi's here shopping for a sailboat to sail around Mexico and back to New Zealand...so it's great conversation, very interesting lifestyle....way more interesting than bike racing.

Today, after sleeping 12 hrs...we had a RAIN delay on the velodrome (YEA, I know rain and cold in San Diego...it was like a normal day in Seattle....) dammit, we flew all the way down here for the SUN...HEELLOOOO.






Not what I expected. It's a 333m track, and not very steep...but it will do.












Grand Stands!






So, I'm fighting a head cold...so in addition to Emergency twice a day, Airborne, Herbs, and tons of sleep, and water...I decided this was the only other thing I could do to help.





Luckily, there is a photo to help understand how to use it. You put salt into the warm water, then suck it up your nose...SWEET!! It's very counter-intuitive...but I feel better.


I need to go to bed...Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"spanish for a whale's vagina"

kelekelebobelly said...

OMG, that's awesome, yea that's right!! God that is such a great movie!!