Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tuesday of sun...Day 6 of camp!

So, let's see...we rode at 9am this mornin'. But unfortuntely we lost Kelly and Laura to a pee stop...but we did a nice short loop where we got to ride by the beach then do a pretty, residental, tree covered rolling loop...California is so beautiful!

Then the obligatory coffee stop...then back to the Hotel for a quick snack/shammy break....then off to the track at 12:15....

Today the track was a warm up, then I attempted a 1K w/ the 500 like the mass start test...I'm still a little off...but hey, I'm on a borrowed bike, training wheels....so that's at least 1sec a lap, RIGHT???? Just kidding...I don't need a WHOLE second a lap...

So, then I got my bike back and spent pretty much the rest of the session trying to get that up and running...

Then we went to the coffee shop again...and now I'm home and it's almost 5! Long day...great day...lovin life!!

Oh, I just decided to nix the 3k....because I feel too close to making the standard...and there are so few spots open in the Talent Pool, and that's my goal. So, to be able to give my best performance, I want to save it all.

So, I'm on the resting train for the next few days!! I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

JT said...

Good luck Kele! I'll be thinking of you that day and sending you fast thoughts.

Sooo sooo sooooo jealous of the sunshine right now - they're predicting snow and it won't rise above freezing for several days. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

do some good resting... and try to limit your coffee to 4-5 cups an hour.