Sunday, May 27, 2007

Bill Roberts



That's who we stayed with for Raleigh! He was SOO nice and helpful. Anyone who has seen my bike lately will recall the myriad of electrical tape (Jay Blankenship even went as far as adding a random strip of blue tape 1/2 down the top tube, in protest). And the wire for the power tap were less than subtle. Not any more!! Bill re routed all the cables, removed all elec tape, used clear tape!

He also trued up my rear wheel, re taped my handlebars, and polished up my beauty!! Thank you Bill!

Oh, this is how we got to dinner..


Bill has a bit of an addiction...Serotta's. He has the largest collection of high end bikes I've ever seen. He takes bike enthusiasm to a whole new level!

He had more than 8 high end Serottas from many decades, topping them off was his Mavici! It was awesome, all his bikes were on stands ready to ride...matching wheels, pedals, computers...on EVERY bike...I was sooo impressed.


He recently sold 2-3 Dacati motorcycles..he had been doing some racing w/ them for 'fun'....and knew if he didn't get rid of them he would either hurt himself, or loose his license! Smart man!

He made our trip to Raleigh, very memorable! He was great host! I sure hope to see him again next year!

No comments: