Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Done in Decature!!

Oh my, the last day....8th crit in 9 days...Good course, wind, hot temps...

Not much was being allowed to get off the front. It was clear Kat Carroll was defending her laps led and insuring her 3rd place GC finish. Which was awesome!!

Again, I don't remember too much...I do remember getting 2nd for a prime to Katherine Powers a few times, which is frustrating...not because of Katherine, just the getting 2nd part...

Then late in the race a break of 6 got off. All but Colavita were represented. I tried to be smart and not work, seeing as I was in a group of sprinters. Also, Shontelle and I had talked that if I got in a break not to work, because we didn't want/need a break...She could prefer it to be a bunch sprint. This, of course, didn't go over too well w/ my break-mates. But, hey that's racing. Once it was clear we would stay away (5 to go) I decided to move to plan b..and start attacking because I know my track record this week w/ finish sprints...and I knew my chances w/ this group...Unfortunately, they were all over me, and I got no where. But tried one final effort on the back stretch of the last lap, and ended up instead, just leading out the sprint....SWEET PLAN KEL!! Yea, so as you prob guessed I was LAST in the break! But, I'm working on it, and soon will have improve!!

Glad to be done! Very proud of my teamate Shontell Gauthier who ended up 4th!! We worked hard all week, and really feel good about our racing!! I'm excited about the rest of the season to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your tales. Thanks for posting! Zoe from Boston