Thursday, May 10, 2007

What do I do in Wichita??

Well, tons!! It's amazing how quickly the time flies when I'm home!

On my second day home, I went for the 'Wendsday Worlds' ride that was my first group ride ever (and I caused a HUGE crash that day). So, we meet at Jay Blankenship's house (Me, Andy Malcom (eek, spelling??), Greg, Jay, and craparoni I cannot remember his name...he has a 10mo old boy Alex, and his wife is in Thailand...) and rode to the course...in the meantime I got a flat (that's 3 in 2 days)...They boys are doing Joe Martin, so they wanted to just spin which was perfect for me! So, we did one lap of the Wed night worlds which does 3 laps of a 10 mi course. Then home.


This is Jay, Alan, and Drum (dog)...fast friends!!

But, on the way home I had another flat...that's 4, count 'em 4 flippin flats in 2 days...What tha??? Thank Alah, Jay ignored me when I protested to him giving me a tube at the begining of the ride...cause I would have been el screwido....but, I was well taken care of by the boys!! And made it safe and sound back to Mom's just in time for YOGA!!

It was a small group Me, Nat, Mom, Sam, and a friend of Nat's! It was great, low key, relaxing, and CHEAP!! $5.00...but it was great to do w/ my friends and fam!!

Then NUTSO Natalie got me up at 5am for Spin class the next morning...but it was THE BEST spin class I've ever been to ...just a great feeling of fun, and NO ego, just good people enjoying the class!!

No comments: