Saturday, May 26, 2007

Peanut Butter and Bike JAM!

Well, we were SUPPOSED to race at 1:30, but a injury in the Wmn 3/4 field delayed it a bit. Luckily she's ok!

The course had ONE turn...no joke. It's in a park, so it's like a bowl, but there was one >90 sha-cane thing, and that was the most technical part of the course.

We only had 20mi, 20laps...and it seemed to start off reasonable! The course did not lend itself to breaks seeing as it was wide open, and not technical.

Shonetell and I traded work well, she's really doing a great job of racing hard, pushing herself out side her comfort zone as a sprinter. Coming into the final sprint, FINALLY was in front of Shontell at the critical moment, but didn't perform...I needed a shout from her to go...but hesitated, second guessed, and boom...she and all the other top 10riders passed me....at least shontell got 7th...

ARGH! I so enjoy doing well, and today was not one of those days! I have so much more in me! I wish my brain beleaved it! I'm workin on it!

Can't wait for Summerville, another chance! Another adventure!

No comments: