Monday, May 07, 2007

SmithBarney Spartansburg

Today was another Podium day for UltraLink, as in Shontelle Gauthier! A third place finish to Tina pic (2nd), and Laura Van-Gilder (1st)!! Awesome, awesome job!

The course was great, tight finish. There was a little spill after the finish, but otherwise it was a very safe race. Laura Van-Gilder got away for quite a while solo. Gradually, she came back, leading into a good sprint finish!!

Personally, I was again working on my last lap. I was very conservative...but it was all a bust. I over emphasized the slowing in the final turn, and just lack that full out effort in the sprint...leading to a less than sparkling finish. Arrrgh....I don't know what exactly I need to change....well, that's not entirely true...I loose position in the last lap, I allow ppl around me, I get nervous and don't fight hard enough, I also just don't have the burning desire to dig extra deep in the last sprint...I really want to change these things...so, I will work on one every race! I know it's a slow process, but thank goodness I'm stubborn, and will stick to it!!

Great racing again, fun times!

Now let me tell you about the awesome place we stayed. John and Lesa Kastler allowed us to stay in this beautiful home for the night..



This is their beautiful dog, much like Shontelle's dog. Neither of whom's names I can remember (hmm, grammer? not sure on this one)...

1 comment:

Randall said...

Glad to see Shontelle doing so well! Tell her hi from the La crowd.