Saturday, May 26, 2007

Ralphing at Raleigh!

Oh my! That was WAY more than expected. The race only had like 40 riders. But whew, they were all strong riders! And with 6 90deg turns, a short hill, and good money...what does that spell? HURT LOCKER!

Yea, it was fast, and furious! But fun! Great course! The majority of the race went well. Liptons' Brenda Lyons was there (haven't seen her in her new kit, she looks GREAT in yellow). Webcore's Racheal Heel (also my first sight in her new kit), and another rider I chatted w/ that also rode for Victory last year, Laura Yostein (I know that's wrong, but that's how it sounds). Advil was in attendance, as well as Target Training!

So, I was quite disappointed in my finish! Shontelle came out w/ 7th. We were'nt a chipper bunch on our 4hr drive toward Fredricksburg. But we talked about what we could learn, and move forward. But, I sure hate making the same mistakes over and over. And Shontelle is never happy, unless she's on the podium...I LOVE IT!!

We arrived at our hotel at 1am! And got up at 8am, to make it to Baltimore in time. Whew, this is bike racing...chaos...gotta embrace it!!

No comments: